Projects per year
The research programme of the Department of Computer Science aims (broadly stated) to improve computing's effects upon society.
The research of the department of Computer Science is executed in the context of the multidisciplinary research programmes of the OU, specifically within the Research Program Towards High-Quality and Intelligent Software (THIS). It is composed of four program lines:
- Software Quality. This program line focuses on quality assurance techniques for software systems. Research concentrates on techniques for, or based on, automated testing, theorem proving, model checking, run-time verification and static analysis.
- Security & Privacy. This program line focuses on security of software and computer systems, and privacy-by-design.
- Artificial Intelligence. This program line focuses on methods for artificial intelligence (such as Bayesian models, machine learning and deep learning), responsible AI, and applications (smart services).
- Teaching & Learning. This program line focuses on learning-supporting tools and on computing education.
Dive into details
Select a country/territory to view shared publications and projects
- Research Line Software quality (part of THIS program) - Researcher
- Department of Computer Science - Researcher
- Research Program Learning and Innovation in Resilient systems (LIRS) - Researcher
- Research Line Teaching and learning (part of THIS program) - Lecturer
- Department of Computer Science - Lecturer
- Research Line Learning (part of LIRS program) - Lecturer
- Research Line Security and privacy (part of THIS program) - Senior Lecturer
- Research Line Teaching and learning (part of THIS program) - Senior Lecturer
- Department of Computer Science - Senior Lecturer
- Research Line Innovation (part of LIRS program) - Senior Lecturer
An Empirical Study of Students’ Perceptions on the Setup and Grading of Group Programming AssignmentsAivaloglou, E. & van der Meulen, A., Jun 2021, In: ACM Transactions on Computing Education. 21, 3, p. 1-22 22 p., 17.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-review
Edixhoven, L. J. & Jongmans, S-S., 2021, Heerlen: Open Universiteit Nederland. 26 p. (OUNL-CS (Technical Reports); No. 01, Vol. 2021).
Research output: Book/Report › Technical report › AcademicOpen AccessFile
Decision support model for effects estimation and proportionality assessment for targeting in cyber operationsMaathuis, E. C., Pieters, W. & van den Berg, J., Apr 2021, In: Journal of Defence Technology. 17, 2, p. 352-374 23 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen Access
Di Mitri, D. (Recipient), 11 Aug 2019
Prize: Prize (including medals and awards) › Academic
Ebrahim Rahimi (Organiser)19 Oct 2020 → 20 Oct 2020
Activity: Participating in or organising an event types › Participating in OR organising an event › Academic
Press / Media
Design Policy Checking in ArchiMate. On the Cases Technology Policies in a Medical Center. EasyChair Preprint no. 4129
1 Media contribution
Press/Media: Other › Popular
1 Media contribution
Press/Media › Popular